See if Ter works for you.
Ter tries to solve some specific use cases effortlessly, rather than being a full-fledged static site builder.
If any of the following sounds relevant, Ter might be for you.
- The filesystem is the navigation and organization method;
- Creating a new page (or section) should be as simple as creating a file (or directory);
- Work out of the box, simplicity > customization.
- A published personal wiki;
- A collection of Zettelkasten notes;
- A simple blog;
- Software documentation (just like the one you're currently browsing).
If you're looking for a more flexible static site generator, try something like 11ty or Astro.